Sunday, March 2, 2008

High Noon "Bare Asset" holster review




High Noon “Bare Asset” Holster Review

I have to admit that for as long as I’ve been carrying a concealed handgun I have not been able to find an inside the waistband (IWB) holster that I liked. Every one I tried would dig into my side and would be very uncomfortable.

This has all changed with a friends’ recommendation to try the High Noon IWB holsters. I chose the Bare Asset model (and really, how can you go wrong with a name like that?) and had it in my hand 4 days after I ordered it. This holster is constructed of a very thin premium grade cowhide and features a 15 degree cant and a very solid steel belt clip as well as a tension adjustment screw. The clip fits my gun belt perfectly and does not move around at all.

This is the closest thing to wearing no holster at all and is very comfortable to wear either in front of the hip or behind the hip. The only negative comment I have is that it is so thin that it tends to collapse after drawing and this makes reholstering somewhat difficult. I guess it’s the one thing I’ll have to give up to gain the extreme comfort and conceal ability of this model.



1 comment:

Brian said...

How thick is your belt? The clip looks like it was made to work with a 2" belt and as such, I'm a little hesitant to order one (I wear a 1.5" belt).

Thanks!